Dish on K-Beauty
It’s the abbreviation used to describe cosmetics and trends that originate from South Korea. Certain ingredients used in K-beauty cosmetics have attracted attention due to their exotic sounds such as snail mucin and donkey milk.
K-beauty’s multi-step skincare routines, and the stunning look they promise, are attracting U.S. beauty addicts ready to join the club.
What Is Glass Skin?
One of the most popular K-beauty trends is one that has a “flawless” complexion. Certain experts in the field of beauty define glass skin that appears like it’s been created out of glass. Other terms for the appearance include “bouncy skin” or “see-through skin.” Korean models and actors have skin that appears flawlessly smooth, with no apparent pores or marks. The skin’s tone is uniform, and the skin’s surface appears to be almost reflective due to its dewy appearance.
Glass skin is mostly about creating a flawless skin by taking care of the skin. It’s not a makeup technique. It is possible to apply makeup on your skin after you’ve prepared with products for skin care however, the skin is the main focus at the center of attention.
How Does Glass Skin Work?
The science behind glass skin focuses on the concept of water hydration. Moisture is the key ingredient to plump pores from inside, so that it appears taunt, full and luminous. Glass skin requires numerous steps to care for your skin to apply the products in a planned order.
The order is crucial for maximizing the efficacy of every product. A majority of the glass skin regimens recommend you begin with the lightest products, and then let them absorb before adding the next. This way, every product is absorbed into your skin without previous one getting in the way.
What Are the Steps to Get Glass Skin?
There are many variations of the skincare products you should use to achieve glass skin, but the majority of individuals agree that the process should include multiple steps. There is no one cream or serum that can give you a glass-like skin by itself. It is better to mix different products one over one after
- A cleanser for oils and mild foam cleanser to double cleanse: You need to cleanse your skin thoroughly. Your pores should be clean and clear. Double cleansing removes the make-up, as well as dirt and pollutants.
- Exfoliator The process of exfoliating removes dead skin cells, and also improves the appearance of your skin. It also helps to unclog pores and reduce the likely to develop pimples.
- Toner Select a toner that is moisturizing instead of an Astringent. This is your first layer of moisture during the process.
- essence: The essence is light fluid that contains active ingredients that boost the hydration of your skin. The essence aids your skin absorb the heavier substances.
- Serum or oil for the face Search for products that contain antioxidants or active ingredients to combat the effects of aging. Skin care products that contain the hyaluronic acid can plump your skin from within out.
- Moisturizer A great moisturizing cream will help seal all of the products you’ve applied.
- sunscreen If your moisturizer isn’t containing sunscreen, you can use the screen as the final step. You may take this step prior to you go to bed, but make sure to wear sunscreen every time you leave your home.
Glass skin is a long-term commitment of both time and money. The reward for treating your skin to radiant skin.